Our interventional pain physician, Dr. Anil K. Sharma, is a leading practitioner of state-of-the-art techniques specializing in the use of minimally-invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He has performed over 70,000 spinal procedures in his 27+ years of clinical practice.
Neck pain is pain that can occur anywhere in your neck, from the bottom of your head to the top of your shoulders. It can spread to your upper back or arms.
Causes of Neck Pain
The most common causes of neck pain are:
- Injuries such as whiplash injuries.
- Injuries from activities involving repeated or prolonged neck movements.
- Fractures, sprains, or strains of soft tissues such as ligaments and muscles, or injuries to the small joints between the spine's bones.
- Pressure on nerve roots from conditions such as a herniated disc or spinal stenosis.
- Osteoarthritis of the small joints of the spine (facet joints).
- Aging causing degenerative disc disease.
Less common causes are tumors, spinal infection, ankylosing spondylitis.