Our interventional pain physician, Dr. Anil K. Sharma, is a leading practitioner of state-of-the-art techniques specializing in the use of minimally-invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He has performed over 70,000 spinal procedures in his 27+ years of clinical practice.
Pain Management Procedures
All procedures at Spine & Pain Centers of New Jersey & New York are performed with fluoroscopic guidance (live X-Ray) or ultrasound guidance for accurate placement of the medications at the correct site and avoiding injecting the wrong location. All procedures are performed with the current standard of care. Dr. Sharma sits on several committees of the International Spine Intervention Society and the North American Spine Society and has been involved in writing guidelines.
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Regenerative Medicine - We provide various types of regenerative medicine and PRP injections.
- Joint Injections - All joint injections are performed under fluoroscopic or ultrasound guidance for precise placement of the medicine into the joint. We use different medications, which might be a steroid, PRP, or stem cells. The most common joint injections include injections in the hip, knee, and SI joints. Watch the following educational videos to learn more.
- Bursa Injections - Pain from repeated use and sports-related injuries cause inflammation of the bursa like trochanteric in the hip area and elbow and other joints. To maximize the results, we perform all of the injections under ultrasound guidance for the medicine's precise placement into the bursa under live ultrasound guidance.
- Medication Management - We provide medication management for chronic painful conditions that cannot be treated with procedures; our preference is non-opioid non-addictive medications.