Our interventional pain physician, Dr. Anil K. Sharma, is a leading practitioner of state-of-the-art techniques specializing in the use of minimally-invasive techniques to treat spinal disorders. He has performed over 70,000 spinal procedures in his 27+ years of clinical practice.
- The patient is responsible for his/her pain medication.
- There are no early prescription refills.
- The initial prescription for narcotics, if prescribed, is limited to a 5 day supply. If renewed a third time, the patient will be required to enter into a medication agreement contract, undergo random urine drug testing, and complete an opioid risk stratification questionnaire.
- This facility does not fill narcotic prescriptions on the weekend. If you require a refill outside of your appointment time, we require 5 days notice to fill a prescription once it has been evaluated by the practitioner. Be aware of holidays and office closings that might interfere with the 5 day notice.
- Advise the office staff if your pharmacy has been changed and you obtain controlled substances, as a new medication contract must be signed.
Thank you for choosing us as your provider. We are committed to providing you with quality and affordable health care. Because some of our patients have had questions regarding patient and insurance responsibility for services rendered, we have been advised to develop this payment policy. Please read it, ask us any questions you may have. A copy will be provided to you upon request.
We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare.
Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
Co-payments and Deductibles
All co-payments and deductibles must be paid at the time of service. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments and deductibles from patients can be considered fraud. Please help us in upholding the law by paying your co-payment at each visit.
Please be aware that some of the services you receive may be noncovered or not considered reasonable or necessary . We will let you know in advance which of them are not covered and you must pay for these services in full at the time of visit.
Proof of Insurance
All patients must complete our patient information form before seeing the doctor. We must obtain a copy of your driver's license and current valid insurance to provide proof of insurance.
We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract.
If your insurance changes, please notify us before your next visit so we can make the appropriate changes to help you receive your maximum benefits.
Our practice is committed to providing the best treatment to our patients. Our prices are representative of the usual and customary charges for our area. Thank you for understanding our payment policy. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.